Friday, November 04, 2005

The Webster and Mster Dictionary

Websters Dictionary:

Probscic
Pronunciation: pr&-'bä-s&s, -'bäs-k&sFunction: nounInflected Form(s): plural -bos·cis·es also pro·bos·ci·des /-'bä-s&-"dEz/Etymology: Latin, from Greek proboskis, from pro- + boskein to feed

1 a : the trunk of an elephant; also : any long flexible snout b : the human nose especially when prominent2 : any of various elongated or extensible tubular processes (as the sucking organ of a butterfly) of the oral region of an invertebrate

Mster's Dictionary:

Tees: toes
Bahday: banana, bagel
DaaaaaaDeeeeeee: daddy
Duhdeee: ducky
B'Dahdee: bye daddy
Bye: bye
Hi: hi
Why: I want that. I want to give you this.
No: I am done eating and you have less than a second to acknowledge me before I start throwing food on the floor.
Uh Oh: I fell. You fell. I almost fell. You almost fell. I dropped something. You dropped somthing. You pushed a little hard on the brakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A prominent nose. HUMMMM........
I can think of a few politicians that fit the bill (no pun intended). Wonder if they could even pronounce it.

Love the dictionary. Webster doesn't have a chance competing with this one. Has potential for a new Mom's guide to speaking book.

But I thought DaaaaaaaDeeeeeee meant: Daddy, Mommey, Grandma, Grandpa, anyone actually. Guess I misunderstood.

Anonymous said...

Oops. I can't spell. Mommy not Mommey.