Monday, November 07, 2005

Mster's Dictionary 1.1 (and a small bit on "the Man")

Mster's Dictionary:

Bahble: bubble
bahday: banana
baw: ball
doodee: cookie, I honestly don't know how she knows this. I would never give my 15 month old cookies. :)
Dahdee: Elmo

and...

I really thought I might be overposting on "the Man". I figured people were probably at the point that if I wrote one more ranting post without actually taking anybody's advice they would revolt and boycott. But alas, I recieved a request for an update and by golly just a few short hours ago an update was experienced to be written about.

First off, thanks to all those who gave suggestions. Really I'm a wimp at heart and the thought of calling a tv news people consumer report scared the guts right out of me. I mean I don't want my tv debut to be me, unbrushed hair, holding a baby, crying about my basement. My tv debut shoudl be me singing a Christmas special with famous musicians*. A thanks also goes out to Annonymous, who although will not reveal himself/herself (which drives me absolutely crazy with a little syndrome I like to call "I NEED TO KNOW!!!", gave a great suggestion of government health people. And I looked into it I really did but it looked like I would be involving myself in other "the Man"s and I was frightened.

So I decided over the weekend to write a letter to the company and copy it to the University since we are in offcampus housing. I called up the U and asked who I needed to send it to and was told to just talk to him instead. It was el presidente of the company. Not el presidente of the U (although that would have been an interesting phone call). After talking to el presidente I was told that he was disturbed and would call me back by the end of the day. Yeah, said I. (I know I'm a sucker) 15 minutes later there were 3 men in suits in my basement. Another 15 minutes later and I was shaking hands with el presidente himself, the head maintenance guy, and the maintenance supervisor of my area. They told me all the things they were going to do and then gave me their info so that I could call them directly for followups if I needed to. Hallelujah!
Production/destruction commences early next week.

*oh wait, I already did that. Winter of 87'88 baby. Me, my 4th grade choir, and Air Supply singing Christmas Carols in Olympic Plaza for the whole nation.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Maybe my 15 month old taught yours how to say cookie. We don't often have them, but when we do... they're memorable. Mine can also say Candy and Ice cream, in quite a demanding little voice. :)

Kathryn Thompson said...

Sweet. Fight the power!

Fishfrog said...

Air Supply RULES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where Olympic Plaza is? Another CANCON for you. You can spend hours searching for your brick, or skating on the outdoor rink while watching the holiday lights.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on "The Man" YEAH for "The Man" this time. "Good Man" can destroy "Bad Man". That's how it always works in the movies so it SHOULD work in real life.

I think you should do a "Walk down memory Lane" of the 1988 Olympics for your next CanCon. I am starting to see cheesy Olympic commericals. Is it that time again ALREADY???

Ortensia