Friday, November 11, 2005

My subconscious is SOOO Smart!

A few weeks ago while reading a friends blog I noticed she was in a book club. Always trying to find an interesting read and not yet initiating my Interactive Wednesday...I just read a great book I decided to check it out at the library.

Much to my amazing suprize it was a story about 2 Dutch women who were a part of the underground rescuers during Nazi Germany. I love learning about Nazi Germany. I'm fascinated by it. I'm obsessed with understanding the whole concept of annihilation and what would posess a race to do so. I had however not read anything about rescuers. (Actually thats not true I read the Diary of Anne Frank in 6th grade) I was hooked. I loved reading about rescuers and I found 2 other books of which I am on the second one.

Then, today, I took Mster to the library to return some books only to find it was closed. Its Veterans Day! This was great. Veterans day is the same day as Rememberance day in Canada. Ever since high school I have always watched at least one WWII movie with Nazi's on Remembrance day eve. I had totally forgotten the day was coming. But alas my subconscious is SOOOO smart and while we have no WWII movies here and I did not watch one last night I did read my book and I do plan on reading more of it tonight. I love traditions.

Happy Veterans Day! Happy Remembrance Day!

5 comments:

Scarlet Panda said...

Yay for Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, traditions, and fantastic posts!

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for this entry. I told my brother & husband about your tradition and thought, 'She'll write about it in her blog today, then I won't have to send an email that says 'remember when...'

What a mind, what a mind.

Ortensia

Anonymous said...

It has always been a day of reflection for me. I think of my father and grandfather who both participated in the great wars. It is scarey to think that we have not learned much as a society. I too am amazed at how strange the human race can be.

Heather said...

Seriously, Happy Remembrance Day to you, too. I saw all the poppies for you, today :)

Kathryn Thompson said...

I'm so glad you liked the book. I recited Flanders Fields to Laylee today but I decided not to post about Remembrance Day in any sort of meaningful way after the title of my first post today.