Sunday, November 27, 2005

MOABC 2005 (aka Smart People Talking)

As a followup to my cry for help on Thanksgiving Eve here is a summary of our Mother of All Brain Conferences 2005.

Intro - Explanation of Name - relating to Eve, DNA and mitochondria.

1. Dster - Compases
An excellent presentation for numorous reasons mainly that we all got our very own compass. Let the record show that Cster chose the only pink one leaving me stuck with a black/navy blue compas. Much fun was had by all learning how to make perfect circles.

2. Maverlous - Stem Cell Research...its Not Your Brother's Kidney
An exploration of the stem cell debate with a gripping ending...YOU DECIDE! A question answered with the terms floaters and swimmers.

3. Mr. Kent - Computers and what IS going on in there
We all became different computer components and after 15 minutes of miscommunication we made a space. Not surprizingly we stopped after the space and thanked the computer geeks of the world for making a faster computer than us. (Of course we did not use the term geek so as not to offend)

4. Master (so as not to confuse with the Mster) - DNA Sequencing
Another power point presentation and more DNA discussion.

5. Moi - the Squishy Burrito - I just found a pancake in my pocket
I wrote the title a month earlier when surprize surprize I really did just find a pancake in my pocket. I discussed what a job description for a parent would look like. I was not impressed with my performance but was much glad when it was over.

6. Cster - Law...what is it good for..absolutely nothing.
Why talk about law when you can talk about the big bad government? How much power do they have anyway?

7. Milster - My life as the Mother of all Brains
Every child really is different and they each teach us different things. Apparently the Cster likes praise, 2 others like love, 1 proved that beyond a trial is a great blessing and 1 showed that God truly is looking out for us.

8. Filster - Top Secret
I was told a long time ago what the Filster was working on but that I couldn't tell a soul. Nobody ever told me it was okay so I'm not sure I can devulge his secrets. But its cool. Canada, you won't know what hit you.

9. Tster - The wonderful world of A/V
So I was wrong and he had 190 slides. It was awesome. Who would have guessed 190 slides would be so entertaining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what Squishy Burritos family would come up with? Might be fun to try? Let's see, how exciting is it to balance books? NOT!

However, the joys of managing humans in the workplace has some potential for very humourous antics.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it didn't go so well. (though I am SURE it did) You have a whole year to think of what you will say next year.

ortensia

Amanda G. said...

why do I think you are selling yourself a little short? The title of your presentation alone tells me was great!