Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Interactive Wednesday - Look Ma, No Hands!

I'm glad the last few interactive wednesdays have been such a huge hit. The first installment of Corner Gas was viewed chez moi (we missed you Fuzzy) and the DVD has already landed in the paws of Maverick. All is well in Saskatchewan.

Interactive Wednesday is going to be another show and tell this week. Well more of a tell if you must be so exact. There are so many things that I don't know about you. And so today lets share a little. Now don't panic. Your identities need not be revealed. And remember you write the comments so you have full say on what we hear.

I thought we could share a little about our accomplishments. Those things that make us proud of our past but then I started laughing and laughing. Who wants to hear about those things. We want the gruesome, funny details of your life. So do you have a talent? A stupid human trick by chance. Have you done anything rather odd?

Here's mine:

1) I can say the alphabet backwards in under 5 seconds. I am usually clocked at 3 seconds.

2) I did concert security for the Back Street Boys, NSync, Matchbox 20 and a big outdoor concert. For those that know me this is quite humourous considering the fact that I don't necessarily give off the "cross me and you die" aura. My entire orientation and training involved getting an id badge and being handed a black shirt with SECURITY written in white. I'm sure all my clients felt extremely safe. My favourite moment was watching the lead singer drive around in a golf cart while concert officials/admin tried to chase him down because he was supposed to be on stage. My least favourite part was when the Back Street Boys mean big bodyguard yelled at me backstage.

11 comments:

Fishfrog said...

I was a member of the National Triple Crown Three-on-three street hockey team when I was in middle school (It could have been late elementary). I am also a founding member of the Sport Shooting Social Society.

Amanda G. said...

I can sing the Greek Alphabet.

Anonymous said...

I can put my finger up my nose all the way to the first knuckle.

Squishy Burrito said...

I also enjoyed watching Nick Carter make out with a tall blonde all night only to read the next day in his one on one interview with our local paper that he was single and looking for the right woman.

Kathryn Thompson said...

I have my yellow belt in karate and if I tell you exactly how to attack me and at what speed and you follow my instructions precisely, I can stop you from injuring me in any way.

Anonymous said...

I have a brown belt in Ki-Aikido and can do pretty much the same thing as ms. daring.
I also took gymnastics lessons for 4 years (for those of you who know me from yoga, this is why I have hyperextended arms) and once came in second in a handstand contest.

Anonymous said...

I was once kissed by Geraldo Rivera.

Anonymous said...

I played varsity ice hockey in Montreal for the Concordia stingers. Not a good team, but fun!. I lead a group which raised funds and built a community hall in Calgary. I have brought my golf handicap down from over 40 to a mere 22. I just spent 5 months flying back and forth to Houston from Calgary every week. I have gone swimming in the Carribbean with Stingrays and Dolphins. I have sat by and had lunch with Ex Prime Minister of Canada Joe Clark. I have sat beside and tried to make small talk with a very intoxicated Ralph Klein as he prepared to address a graduating class of Accountants. And the "piese to la resistance" is that I raised Squishy Burrito and survived it.

PS. I can't spell

Anonymous said...

I caught 18 fish in one hour, while everyone else in the boat caught nothing. We ate well for dinner that night. Course I also had to gut and scale them too.

Anonymous said...

once on a dare I didn't shave my legs for nearly 6 months

Anonymous said...

Now I know who anonymous is.