Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I've Opened Pandora's Box!

So far our home has been graced by 2 contractors and 4 property management maintenance personel on 2 different occasions.

1st Occasion: The Plumber
This suprized me because they never told me they were going to get a plumber. I think this also suprized the plumber when he eventually came knocking on the door asking what in the world was leaking and why was he there. (he had already been downstairs for 15 minutes) I told him the problem (nothing to do with plumbing, I thought) but suggested while he was there that he check out the pipes as we do have pools of water sporadically in our basement. He found some interesting stuff and property management people came.

So we may, or may not, get the following done: (in addition to the mold issue)

a) a new water heater
b) a new shower door
c) new faucets

2nd visit: A concrete contractor
Apparently the Environmental people did come and determined that our sidewalk needed to be fixed. The sidewalk guy talked to me for 1/2 hour (if anybody would like to know sidewalk guys life history, I know it) and toured the basement (I should start charging money) and found a bunch of other stuff. Crazy.

So tomorrow morning sidewalk guy and his workers are going to bring their jackhammers and sledgehammers and probably other hammers and tear up the entire sidewalk and put in a new one.

Let the construction begin...

4 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

"if anybody would like to know sidewalk guys life history, I know it"

Ha Ha. I swear this guy has come to fix things in my house too.

Amanda G. said...

all I can say is "wow."

Anonymous said...

I used to ride my bike along that sidewalk. It was awful. Hooray for sidewalk guy!

Squishy Burrito said...

oh sadly Nell, its the sidewalk in our backyard. its still quality riding in the front.