Thursday, November 17, 2005

I am a Terrible Mother and Other Musings of My Day

1) I tucked Mster in for her nap, left to do groceries and returned only to find Cster asleep in the rocker with a very bundled Mster sleeping in his lap. I later found out that Mster woke up 45 min after I left shivering to death. I had not turned the heat in her room. I am a terrible mother. Public Flogging in 15 minutes.

2) Mster and I listened to Popcorn Popping a recorded 21 times today (by Mster's boisterous request). You can listen to it here if you want to partake of the fun.

3) Cster wore his winter coat for the first time this season. Cold has become us.

4) We have NO heat. :( Workers are still "slaving" away in our basement and the heat can not be turned on. We are living off of space heaters (refer to note 1).

5) Mster is petrified of space heaters unless they are in her room. If we try and hook one up in any other room she freaks out and starts crying.

6) I did all the Thanksgiving shopping (well, almost all) this afternoon. Check out the load.



7) Because I was cold I decided to wear my warmest clean socks which happened to be white. My outfit however was only condusive to black shoes so today I committed a fashion faux pas.



Luckily I looked like this for most of the day.



8) Today I delivered homemade soup to my surgery recovering friend and she gave me oodles of Canadian chocolate. She rocks!!!

9) Mster likes to play with this toy at 6:30AM in the morning. It involves hammering a ball and watching it go through a maze of loud rows. She's gotten very good and fast at it. Thank you Fishfrog.


10) only 24 hours till I travel in our magic car to Hogwarts.

11) Today in the car Cster announced how he had worked hard on me and how happy he was with my progress. I now like Linkin Park and will listen to his hip hop station but then he said that sometimes he feels like he has so much more work to do. Coincidentally I was belting out a Leann Rimes hit at the time.

12) Somehow Mster had no problem when I dropped her off to play at a friends house so that I could prepare for the MOABC 2005 yet I can't go to the bathroom or take a shower without constant knocking and crying. Hmm...

That is all.

3 comments:

Heather said...

You should work on Cster. Soon he'll be bellowing Shaniya Twain in the shower. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the crab song (can't remember the actual name) from the East Coast on the Juno CD. That one would be a hoot to hear Cster sign (or anyone for that matter).

You aren't a terrible mother, just forgetful. It happens to us all at times. Besides, its really the landlords fault as you still have no heat, not yours at all.

Anonymous said...

holy buckets, cyn, you CRACK ME UP. your blog makes me loff.