Saturday, November 12, 2005

I lost again!

It looked like I was going to come out victorious but alas I lost my battle with Mster and yogurt today. It seems that Mster is obsessed with plain full fat yogurt. She must have it once a day. Preferably at dinner. Today I was armed and ready. I had leftover lasagna that I knew she loved. I had oranges. I had grapes. The lasagna went over well. The oranges even better. But it was while I was presenting the grapes that I believe Mster caught onto my attack plan. (namely to fill her up before she realized she hadn't had yogurt) She refused the grapes and anything else and I was forced to get out the tub of white dairy and fill up her measuring cup so she could happily slurp away.

A few days ago the Cster took Mster outside to play whilst I was putting away groceries. In the 10 minutes I left them alone Cster had taught Mster 2 new words.

Sti- stick
Spi- spit (followed by peels of laughter)

So now our 15month old daughter can say spit and not mommy. Ugh!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alas, there will be many more losses to come in your life. Hopefully this is just a small one in the grand theme of things.

Actually you should be glad she doesn't say Mommy. I can just see playgroup where a child sits up and says "mommy!!!!!!!!!". At least you will know it is not the Mster in trouble, and not have to panic.

Kathryn Thompson said...

At least it's not as annoying to hear her whine, "spiiiiiiiiiit" as it is to hear her whine, "Mooooommmmmmyyyyyyyyy!"