Saturday, January 14, 2006

I hate flossing

I was never a regular flosser. I was the one at the dentist office who had to sit through the "this is how you floss" speach from the assistant every time I had a visit.

My bad record changed in the spring of 2002. I roomed with a flosser who convinced me and converted me to flossing. Wow she was a flosser and she supported me through all the pain of those first few days/weeks. But within a short period of time my gums stopped screaming in pain but squeeled with delight at the sight of the white minty string. I could dig till my heart was content and felt nothing. It was awesome.

I continued on for months and then sadly slipped back into my brush only days. Its now 2006 and I am ready to floss. I started earlier this week and oh my goodness the pain. It was all I could do to remember my dear friend who relished in the floss pain. Mster took my floss for a couple of days and I finally found it today so I will be returning to the nightly ritual.

Wish me luck and if you hear a blood curtling scream just roll over and go back to bed. I'll survive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Along with the missing toothpaste?

Keep it up so you don't have the dentist experiences I have. Just had a new cap, only to find out that the tooth next to it may need dental surgery to fix an inflamed root.

Just trying to give you reason to remain true.

Ortensia Norton said...

Man you need to get those gums checked. It shouldn't hurt that bad. And I hate it too but have to do it otherwise I sit in the stupid chair for hours as they fill cavities. And then out come the credit card...

Nell said...

Your gums will thank you... although I must agree, it shouldn't hurt that bad.

Anonymous said...

am I the floss fairy you mention? I love it. I forgot about that. are you going to mention some other hygeine tricks we tried when roommies? :) heh heh

Unknown said...

I use to hate flossing too, traditional floss is such a pain. However I found that gingivitis is a bigger pain. About 5 years ago I found DenTek Comfort Clean floss picks and now I actually enjoy flossing, I can actually floss my teeth in about as much time as it takes to brush my teeth. They are very easy to use. You should check them out, dentek.com, last time I was there you could free floss picks to try.