Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back in the good ol' US of A.

Yep, that's right. We've arrived safely and sound back in the US of A. Would you believe me if I said I felt a difference the moment we got off the airplane.

Our flight was an hour late and we were 2 hours early for our flight which left 3 hours of entertaining Mster at the airport. And the way customs/immigration goes once you get through security you are stuck hanging out at your gate with absolutely nothing to do. Here was everything we could find:

-1 fast food restaurant
-1 juice bar
-1 starbucks (they really are everywhere)
-1 newspaper stand
-1 toy stand (not so great with a 17 month old who has constant sticky hand syndrome and feels -the need to touch every stuffed animal possible. She can't even pick one that I may consider paying the abismal airport price for. No she must tuch all of them and then immediately discard it for the next animal that catches her eye)
-2 toy areas (read 2 1-metre/yard squared area with a one of those boards that has stuff chidren can play with. It lasts 10 minutes a pop)
-infinite amount of drinks that people put on the floor while they are reading/listening to their ipod/chatting with their travel companion
- 2 waterfountains those water goes about 1 cm/1/4 inch about the spout so I would not let mster drink from it much to her dismay everytime we went past them.

Our saving grace for both their and back was the Business class seats that we scored from my mom's points. Yeah Points. While I was a little disappointed by the lack of warm towelettes I greatly enjoyed the free flow of beverages in real glasses(even before we took off), the warm nuts in a bowl, the meal (yes the meal), the fruit and cheese platter, the warm cookie, the free starbucks coffee (even though I don't drink coffee I can regift can't I? Oops...Mom pretend you didn't read that.
), the ginormous seats that definately aided when trying to entertain Mster. The speedy check in and security clearence. Oh how I love Business Class.

We did finally arrive. We are now hanging at the in-laws and will soon be enjoying our 12 hour car ride to the place we like to call home. Its been 3 weeks, I hope its still there.

4 comments:

Amanda G. said...

business class. That's livin'!

Heather said...

Welcome home!

Ortensia Norton said...

I really hope she sleeps most of that 12 hours...or at least is good for you. REALLY GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Only another 2 and 1/2 weeks until you get to do this again. Such fun!