Thursday, December 29, 2005

Do they have fireman in Canada?

After today I would have to answer a resounding YES!!!

So a few days before Christmas my dad turned on the wrong burner and burnt a decorative stovetop covering. Oops. He quickly went to the store, bought a new set, wrapped them and put them under the tree for my mom. All was well in Canada.

This morning Cster decided to use the stove. Turned it on and left while the kettle boiled. (A watched pot doesn't boil you know) My mom walked in a few minutes later and started yelling. Oops. Smoke billowed everywhere and this time we got flames. Real flames. My parents have an alarm system that calls you if an alarm goes off. They called and my mom said "we put it out, no problem". Not 5 minutes later a firetruck pulled up and two firemen jumped off the truck in full gear. "Nothing to see here folks". He did his investigation and didn't even roll his eyes once or make fun of us. While the firemen were coming in my uncle pulls up too. Apparently when they couldn't get a hold of us the alarm company called every emergency contact on my parents list. My aunt, my uncle, my dad at work. Oh the drama.

Alas we are fine. A little cold from having to air out the house all morning but fine.

And no more decorative stove top covers again. Ever.

4 comments:

Fishfrog said...

As his law school friends have long ago discovered, it is best not to let Cster touch anything, ever.

Anonymous said...

and as his momma, will cster be coming back to Colorado early? As in-- sent to his room? Are the wonderful inlaws still speaking to him?

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are still talking to each other. Laughing a lot too! What is a family holiday without something weird to remember? This one I will never forget. Thanks for the memory Cster.

Ortensia Norton said...

Can't believe I missed the excitement. Why didn't he do it 2 days earlier?