Thursday, December 08, 2005

Show Me the Poo!

Today I babysat a 4 year old girl, I'll call her G--. Mster needed a diaper change and so I started to tell Mster that we needed to go to her room. Here is the conversation that ensued.

G--: does she have a stinky diaper?

Burrito: Yes, she does.

G--: What's it full of?

Burrito: What?

G--: What's it full of?

Burrito: Poo.

G--: No, its Poop.

Burrito: Okay, poop.

G--: SHOW ME THE POOP!!!!

Burrito: Huh?!?

G--: SHOW ME THE POOP!!!

Burrito: If you really want to see we're going to her room to change the diaper now.

Exodus to the bedroom. Mster is on the change table and I'm in the midst of changing her.

G--: (climbed on the first shelf of the change table) SHOW ME THE POOP!! SHOW ME THE POOP!! SHOW ME THE POOP!!

Burrito: Here it is.

And that's the end of that story. I was so disappointed in its anti-climatical ending. She got down off the change table and went back to playing with toys. But when she was talking earlier it had the exuberance of Cuba Gooding Jr. in Jerry McGuire.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I was Totally thinking of Cuba Gooding Jr. when I read your dialog. I'm not like this little girl. "HIDE THE POOP FROM ME!" is my motto.

Ortensia Norton said...

Four year olds are crazy. I'm with Heather on hiding the poop.

Scarlet Panda said...

That story was awesome.

Kathryn Thompson said...

The fascination they have with poop is amazing and sometimes very messy. Maybe she's like Laylee who will never call it Poo because that's what she calls Winney the Pooh and they're not even in the same philum.