Sunday, December 11, 2005

Has it really been 4 days?

It was brought to my attention that I haven't posted in awhile. So here goes:

1. I wasn't going to post anything about this for fear that the perpetrator would one day read my blog and I would feel bad but the story needs to be said. A little over a week ago I babysat for a sick baby. (not the 4 year old) His mama was desperate and had to go to work so I reluctantly said yes. She swore that her kid wasn't sick. It was obvious only 5 minutes after she left that yes, her kid was sick and I spend the next 4 hours wiping his snot ridden face. I felt for the little guy. I wouldn't want to just sit there and have to wait for somebody to wipe the snot dripping from my nose. A few days later Mster started showing signs of sickness and it was also soon apparent that she was ill also. Then friday I woke up and realized that I had contracted the dang thing too. Erg!!! I hate being sick and I was just sick. Why are the sick people out to get me?

2. In my sick induced daze that was yesterday I received a lovely package in the mail from Immigration. It seems that it is time for another interview. This time I get to go to Montreal. My brain could not handle this yesterday. I was flipping out. Somehow I was responsible for getting myself to Montreal on Jan. 25 at 9:30 AM. Erg!! Yeah for my mama who is going to rearrange her schedule and meet me there to help with Mster. Yeah for mini-vacations.

3. I didn't realize it was possible but the Cster broke his toothbrush approximately 30 minutes after I came home from the store on friday. The head broke off. Stop brushing so vigourously Cster.

4. I've gotten lots of questions regarding this cold. Seems people are a little interested in its possibilities. Here are some comments/questions I've heard today:

a) So you have a cold?
yes
Is it just a cold?
yes
Is it just a cold that you have?
yes
b) After announcing that I wanted to throw up.
Oh?!?!?
c) Is it the same thing Mster has/had?
yes

So for all you nosy people out there (and I say that with the utmost regards :) ) I have a cold, period. I may have experienced significant sickness for 9 months about 16 months ago but this is a cold. Period.

5. In my drug induced state on friday night while lying in bed I talked myself into thinking that the duet betwee Ernie and Peabo Bryson on Sesame Street that morning was one of the best songs I'd ever heard. I still kind of believe myself. I'm still sort of drugged up.

And now I bid you adieu to escape to my bed o'blankets and pillows. Aaah.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do brush vigorously. However, I am 27 and have never had a cavity in my life. While it is agravating to have to get a new toothbrush, it is better than paying hundreds of dollars for those med school drop out dentists.

Amanda G. said...

Are you sure it's just a cold?

Heather said...

It's probably a tumor. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are better soon. You deserve to be well. It isn't fair that you get sick after doing a good deed.

Ortensia Norton said...

I continue to be amazed at the similarities of opinions in our husbands...drop out medical students. I love it.

SO you are the one who gave me this cold! I knew blogging could do that.

Are you sure you are not pregnant? ha ha ha. It's more suspicious when people say they are "sick" vs. have a "cold".

Good old immigration. Add that to your list on "The Man". Aren't grandmas the greatest?

And I think that is all.