Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tis the Season...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

I'm one of those crazy people that think we need more Christmas in our lives. We should do as much as possible. I LOVE IT ALL!!!! (That being said I am posting instead of wrapping Christmas presents...oops)

Our Christmas season has been so great so far. We took the much dreaded 12 hour drive to the In-Laws and Mster was fabulous. She got 5 stars. I sat in the back with her for the whole trip which helped dramatically. Much singing. Much reading. Much tickling. Much of everything and then repeat but we arrived and all was well. Well, all was well except our stupid cold and Msters crazy sleep patterns but no need to get into that. The in-laws are great. We are saddened to not partake of their traditions this year. No pots and pots of clam chowder followed by cranberry blows on Christmas Eve. No opening presents in our pajamas.

We arrived at my parents yesterday and the trip was AWESOME!!! My mother got us business class seats (yeah points) and I don't think I can ever go back to coach. The airport was a ZOO and yet we just walked up to the ticket counter and got our boarding pass. The security was a mile long and we just walked up to our "special" security area and boom we were ready to head to our gate. We boarded and realized that 2 business class seats are equal to 10 regular seats. Aaah!!! It was great. Much beverages were consumed along with warm nuts in a bowl, an edible meal (including a warm chocolate chip cookie). Heaven!! The flight attendant even came over while we were changing Mster to take away her diaper. (Now hopefully all of you know me well enough to know that I am not a snob nor do I expect those in the service industry to do demeaning stuff such as take away a nasty poopy diaper but I have to admit it was nice not to have to figure out what to do with it afterwards. And for those that are currently disgusted that I would even think to change Mster in business class and not in the bathroom I would encourage you to take another look at the size of the bathroom next time you fly.)

We arrived save and sound. Canada is great, albeit lacking in snow. Cster has yet to wear a jacket. Crazy Cster. In fact, Cster has yet to wear a shirt with long sleeves on it (and we've been outside on numerous occasions). Mster loves the lights and loves blow up outdoor Christmas decorations. Today has been a day full of "NO" (snow) and "NOMA" (snoman) and "pdee" (pretty, as in pretty tree, or pretty lights) and "more" (as in more slides, more blow up snowman, more running, more tickling)

Happy holidays to all!

1 comment:

Ortensia Norton said...

Glad you are safe and sound. Email me please, I don't have your address and can't remember details of the shin dig.

SEE YOU SOON!!!