Sunday, May 01, 2011

I heart my wheat grinder



Some people thought it strange that I got a wheat grinder for Christmas. But I LOVE it! I use it at least once a week. I think its the greatest. And yes, I've been mocked for my love affair.

I just think its stinking awesome that I can take this...


And turn it into this...

 

Which in turn makes this...



and this...


and this...



I'm thnking about doing a series of posts on wheat. Please step out of your lurkingness and let me know if you would be interests in more posts about wheat (educational focused ones).

7 comments:

gail said...

What does the flour look like?

Anonymous said...

And where can we get Wheat in Canada? Any idea?

Gail, it looks like regular flour, but tastes much better. I have sampled it.

Squishy Burrito said...

The flour looks like whole wheat flour. I think it might be a tad flufflier than the store bought but that is more likely because it was just ground and not packed into a flour bag as tightly as possible. You have the option of how fine to make your flour.

As to where you can buy the wheat, I buy mine through the LDS storehouse. There is one in Calgary, west of Chinook Mall area and anybody can go and buy stuff from there. You would have to call for hours as they won't be as lengthy as a regular grocery store.

goto: http://providentliving.org/location/map/0,12566,2026-1-4,00.html

I know there are ways to get it from other sources but seriously this is the easiest way possible. You can buy the wheat (red or white) in #10 cans or in a 25lb bag.

Ortensia Norton said...

I'd love to read anything you write about it! Maria was just telling me about white wheat. I really want to look into it.
I wish I was ambitious as you were when it comes to making food!! WOW!

Ortensia Norton said...

The Canadian order form doesn't have white wheat. The American order from does. I'm sad! I wanted to try the white wheat!

sarah said...

I'd be interested. Please tell me more about your grinder. Nate is our baker and this is right up his alley.

Anonymous said...

More is always good.