Thursday, April 30, 2009

Deals of the Week

This was a big shopping week. I spent a lot of money. But...I got a lot of good deals and increased my food storage and filled my deep freeze with meat. Lots and lots of meat.

Here's my story.

Free:
Gum
Vitamin Water
Kraft Salad Dressing
6 bags of goldfish
2 bags of Hanovers pretzels
um... I think there was more
Nivea Body Wash

But this is not where my story ends. Today I went to Safeway. They have a deal where if you spend $30 on certain products you get $10 off your next purchase. There are over a 3000 choices. So I spent the time and found the actual list online and matched what I needed, with what I had coupons for and what was on the list of 3000. Then I realized that my coupons expired today and I packed the kids up and off we went. You see by preparing ahead of time I could get my future $10 without actually spending $30 because I really probably only spent about $15 using coupons.

So I'm going through the aisles getting stuff on my list (always use a list) when I hit the meat department and realized they were having a BIG sale. And I bought a lot of meat (over 35 lbs). I went to the check out and almost fainted when the bill ran up to $85. I kept shaking my head as I was leaving the store and realized they never gave me my future $10 so I went back and they said they couldn't give me the coupon because it automatically rings up but they could give me a crisp $10 (if that was ok). Ummm...yeah!!! So my bill was really $75. I felt better. Then I looked at my bill again and realized I had saved $147. That meant my total bill would have been $222.

Here is what I got for $75. I did not feel so bad after my realization.

  • 2 gallons of milk
  • 8 jars of Bertolli Spaghetti Sauce
  • taco shells
  • 3 bags of Mission torilla chips
  • flat of bottled water
  • 4 cases of coke and diet dr. pepper
  • 2 bags of preztels (regular size)
  • 2 pork sausage rolls
  • 12 lbs of chicken breast(boneless)
  • 5 lbs of sirloin (boneless)
  • 15 lbs of pork loin chops (boneless)
  • 5 lbs of chicken legs
  • 2 mangos
  • 4 boxes of microwave popcorn

And now that I wrote it out I feel like I could have done better. But $75 is not all that bad.

No comments: