Sunday, July 19, 2009

I like to read

I like to read. I don't always read as much as I'd like. I let other priorities get in the way but I do enjoy a good book.

The author of a book I enjoy died today. Frank McCourt. I really liked Angela's Ashes. I'm also the type of person that if I like a book by an author I will read everything else they've written too. I enjoyed his other books, Tis and Teacherman, but I liked Angela's Ashes best. I read it years and years ago and it was like nothing I had every read. It was depressing. It was interesting. It was voyerism. It was a world I knew nothing of.

If you haven't read it are in the mood for a depressing biography of an ordinary boy living in Limerick, Ireland with a drunk of a father, a desperate mother, a house full of siblings and some catholic priests than read away in his memory.

No comments: