Sunday, September 09, 2012

Sugar Cookie Bites


A month or so ago we had a party that everything needed to be prepared ahead of time. And I wanted easy cleanup and no utensils. No cutting, scooping, or slicing and preferably no plates. My neighbor suggested these little treats she found and successfully made from Pinterest.

The cups are made of sugar cookies and are cooked in mini muffin tins. I refused to use store bought cookie dough which apparently if you use you can just drop balls of dough into your pan and they magically make cookie cups. My sugar cookie dough holds it form when cooking so I had to mold the dough in the pan before cooking. (Read: my great friend had to mold them in the pan because I was beyond frustrated with figuring out the drop a ball in the pan idea) The gooey inside is a cream cheese frosting. You can't go wrong with adding extra cream cheese. When I made these again yesterday I added double the cream cheese! Yum. Then top with whatever fruit you have lying around your house.





(This picture is for Monica. I had some leftover dough on my second batch so I tried doing it in a regular muffin tin. The result. The cup did not cook uniformly so the insides were raw and the outsides were overdone. If possible, the bigger muffin tin cookie holds too much frosting. Stick with the mini muffin cups)

No comments: