Sunday, January 18, 2009

Surviving

That's about all I can say about the first few months of pregnancy. We're surviving. The baby was named "Loki" almost immediately after we announced the pregnancy at Christmas time by Cster's family. I don't really remember who started it. Probably Cster.

I've been slacking in my church responsibilites. I'm trying really hard but I got an back up to day just in case and ended up using her. 20 minutes is a long time to be standing up and singing and teaching to a big roomful of 3-8 year olds. I did it last week for 30 minutes and nearly died. I barely made my second round an hour later with the older group. So for now everybody is being super nice while I'm in my invalid phase. People bring me dinners a couple of times a week which is so good because I am useless past 3pm. My friends have taken the kids on really bad days and Mster's friends have been inviting her over for playdates way more often.

I'm seriously ready to get past this next month so I can return to normality. Its hard to accept charity. Its nice, but hard to accept.

PS - oh and Cster tore ligaments in his right thumb and has a cast for 6 weeks. So, he's in a lot of pain too. Sometimes I think we should just have a big whine fest between the two of us but with me in bed so early we don't really see each other all that much.

No comments: