Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What kind of mother am I?

So today I took Mster to a park. It was scorching hot. The playground was dark green and any attempt by the kids to play on it resulted in screams of "its too hot". But I was waiting for some friends so decided to stick it out till they came. Mster found a water fountain that spurted water and immediately fell in love and drenched herself. All I could do was sit there and wish I was 2 years old too. Soon other kids caught on to the water oasis and attempted to join Mster. Their parents told them to stop so they wouldn't get wet. There was no way I was going to make her stop. It was hot. It was safe and so what if she got a little wet? I saw a bunch of parents looking at her like she was crazy. I responded by turning to look at the parents as if they were crazy. What kind of mother am I? Luckily my friends came shortly after and both mom's encouraged their kids to play in the water instead of the playground too. And then, eventually, the area was swarming with kids whose parents had initially said no.

Sven has been confirmed to be appropriately gender named. All "boy parts" (the technical term the doctor used) were accounted for.

1 comment:

Amanda G. said...

parents are so uptight nowadays. Let kids be kids!