Monday, May 28, 2012

I got a new toy!

A month ago there was a service project that I was invited to where they had lots of different projects. One of the projects was making pillowcase dresses for girls in Africa.  I really wanted to go and learn how to make them but I had a conflict that morning. Luckily a friend of mine had heard of them before and told me she could teach me how to make them. We invited another girl who had gone to the service project and had 10 extra little dresses to finish and got to work. We were able to finish a bunch of the dresses to be sent to Africa and I started working on the one for Mster. So its only a month later and I finally finished the one for Mster on Saturday night. I had to change it up a bit so that the neckline was lower for her.

The other thought I had was that this might be an easy way to make matching dresses for the baby and Mster to have. So, part of the reason it took me so long to finish Msters is I got distracted making a little peasant girl dress for baby girl. Too bad she's not here yet to model it for us.

The problem with all this sewing is that I used my friends machine when we were at her house but when I got home I was stuck using my machine that was having serious issues sewing any type of uniform stitch. My mother decided to buy me an early birthday present and I got a NEW sewing machine. Hurray! I was able to finish up both dresses and make a few cute other things too.
Like this headband...

I originally made it for me but it fit Mster way better. She was thrilled and now wants me to make more in as many colors as possible.

No comments: