Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My Farewell Words

Last week was a sad week. We lost a dear friend. I wasn't ready for it to go. I wasn't prepared. I hadn't said goodbye. One day it just up and disappeared out of our life forever. Whenever I try to bring it back all I get is tears. Sad sobbing tears. Frantic tears. All varieties of tears. I will miss it greatly. It had such a calming effect on the house. It broke up the day. It gave me and Mster some special alone time. And so it is with ultimate sadness that I've finally come to terms with the fact that Lster is no longer napping. I'm still in shock. Honestly, some days I forget and think I'm missing something and I can just do the one magical thing and he will start napping again. But I'm wrong. He's only 2. He's barely 2. I'm trying to look on the bright side of things but right now I'm just trying to find fun things to fill the 12:30-2pm hour (he never napped long to begin with) so that we don't go crazy.

1 comment:

Hurts in a good way said...

That is a very sad day. I am not looking forward to it.