Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Spirit, Where Art Thou?

I'm having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit. I'm not a grinch by any means. I'm super excited about the presents we are giving this year. I'm super excited for all the festivities but I just can't seem to actually get into the swing of the spirit.

At first I thought maybe when its December. But December came and I still wasn't feeling festive. Then I thought if we decorated but we decorated and I still wasn't feeling festive. We made Christmas baking. We got all the presents. I even started wrapping last night. I just can't find it.

And then this morning I started to clean. Really really clean. I cleaned out the fridge. I cleaned a bathroom. I cleaned the kids rooms. And magically I started to feel better. I'm eager to attack the rest of the house to see if I can be in full blown Christmas cheer by the end of the day.

2 comments:

Megan C said...

You know, I don't know what it is, but I have been having a hard time feeling the Christmas Spirit too. . . I wonder what it is about this year?

Ortensia Norton said...

Oh. Is that what it takes. Cleaning?? I too just haven't been into it. Music isn't even helping. Maybe b/c we overkilled it last year with my favourite CD. Time for new music??